NEW 2021 OVER 1km SWIM LOOP AVAILABLE
OPEN WATER SWIMMING FOR BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED SWIMMERS
Thorpe Lakes boasts a 1.3 KM, 800 M, 400 M and 225 M loop on a stand alone lake dedicated to open water swimming during all swim sessions.
Taking to the water with us couldn't be easier. You don't have to be a member nor an active triathlete. Swim with us for fun, fitness or competitive training. Everyone is welcome and all sessions are lifeguarded by RLSS qualified staff with 2 kayaks and a rescue boat on the water at all times.
Swim sessions start every half hour and run the following times;
Thursday: 17:00 - dark.
Saturday: 08:00 - 12:00
Sunday: 08:00 - 12:00
Everyone participating must wear a swim hat. Under 16's are required to wear a tow float unless otherwise agreed with management prior to entering the water. Wetsuits are not compulsory.
WATER TEMPERATURE UPDATE
Last updated 28/10/20
2021 SWIM MAP COMING SOON!
SWIM AND RUN TRIATHLON TRAINING
New for 2021 is our new 3k lakeside run.
Make the most of a picturesque lake side track that offers a short loop around the site. There is no time limit to any run (as long as it falls within normal swim opening times) nor is there a limit on loops.
With ample secure bike storage on site for 2021 we can offer the perfect destination for a ride, run and swim to get your weekend started right.
No previous experience required with the loop running next to the swim lake.
Running will begin late May/early June once the ground is tough enough and remain open throughout the summer.
1 HOUR SWIM SESSION
£6 PER PERSON.
400m, 800m & 1.2k loop available.
SWIM & RUN
£10 PER PERSON
Add on a run post swim with unlimited laps of our 3k track
£6 PER PERSON.
Stand alone run booking for multiple laps on our 3k track.
£5 PER HIRE
Wetsuits are not compulsory but if you do wish to wear one bring your own or use or hire equipment.
ALL COMPETENT SWIMMERS WELCOME
NEW SWIMMERS AND LAKE RULES
New to swimming at Thorpe Lakes? Below should answer all your questions. If not please reach out to our bookings team either by phone or email. They will be happy to assist you.
- Open water swimming is available to anyone who can swim over 150 meters unassisted.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must wear a tow float unless agreed with management prior to arrival.
- Under 12's must swim with an adult unless agreed with management prior to arrival.
- You must book in advance and enter the water within 30 mins of your start time.
- You can swim in either a swim suit or wetsuit. Googles are advised by not compulsory. You must wear a swim hat.
- You must check in and receive an allocated swim number prior to arrival.
- Signage around the lake will help you familiarize yourself with both our loops and lake rules. Our friendly, qualified lifeguards are approachable and available through any session for any other questions. Do not be afraid to ask!
Please note that swimming at Thorpe Lakes is designed and conducted similar to lane swimming at pools. It is not available for unstructured 'play swim' and those who do not follow the designated loops or are unable to swim a minimum of 150 meters will be asked to leave the water without a refund.