ALL COMPETENT SWIMMERS WELCOME
OPEN WATER SWIMMING FOR BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED SWIMMERS
Thorpe Lakes boasts a 800 M, 400 M and 225 M loop on a stand alone lake dedicated to open water swimming during the session.
Taking to the water with us couldn't be easier. You don't have to be a member nor an active triathlete. Swim with us for fun, fitness or competitive training. Everyone is welcome and all sessions are lifeguarded by RLSS qualified staff.
Swim sessions are currently running Sunday morning between 09:00 - 10:00.
Everyone participating must wear a swim hat. Under 16's are required to wear a tow float unless otherwise agreed with management prior to entering the water. Wetsuits are not compulsory.
1 HOUR SWIM SESSION
£9 PER PERSON.
1 hour swim session.
NEW SWIMMERS AND LAKE RULES
New to swimming at Thorpe Lakes? Below should answer all your questions. If not please reach out to our bookings team either by phone or email. They will be happy to assist you.
- Open water swimming is available to anyone who can swim over 150 meters unassisted.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must wear a tow float unless agreed with management prior to arrival.
- Under 12's must swim with an adult unless agreed with management prior to arrival.
- You can swim in either a swim suit or wetsuit. Googles are advised but not compulsory. You must wear a swim hat.
- You must check in and receive an allocated swim number on arrival.
- Our friendly, qualified lifeguards are approachable and available through any session for any other questions. Do not be afraid to ask!
Please note that swimming at Thorpe Lakes is designed and conducted similar to lane swimming at pools. It is not available for unstructured 'play swim' and those who do not follow the designated loops or are unable to swim a minimum of 150 meters will be asked to leave the water without a refund.