WE CAN ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.
If you then still really need to ask a question then please use the contact form at the bottom. Please be aware our phone lines get very busy.
Frequently asked questions
Do i have to wear a wetsuit and how do i hire one?
No you do not. Wetsuits are available to hire on arrival, you do not book them in advance.
They are £5 to hire.
Alternativley you can wear a swimming costume or tight fitted gym clothing.
Can i wear clothing or my own wetsuit?
You can wear your own wetsuit. Just bring it with you on the day.
Only tight fitted gym clothing such as leggings, shorts, fitted vests or T-Shirts are permitted on the park.
You can also wear a swimming costume.
Can i wear shoes on the aqua park?
Only wet shoes are permitted on the park.
Are there lockers on site for my belongings?
Yes, kit lockers are available on site and cost £1 - as you would see at your local leisure center.
Can i wear jewellery or glasses?
No - you need to take all your jewellery off.
At your own risk we allow glasses, but strongly advise against it as they are extremely likely to get lost or damaged.
Can i participate in watersports if I am pregnant, on strong medication or under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
No - if any of the above apply you will not be allowed in the water.
Refunds will not be provided.
Can i wear goggles?
Yes you can wear googles.
We do not sell goggles on site so you will need to bring your own.
Can i wear my go pro?
Yes you can.
We strongly recommend a harness as handheld cameras are far more likley to get dropped.
We can not be responsible for loss or damage to your equipment and if it does sink in the lake it is unlikley to be found again.
Can i go on the aqua park for longer than an hour?
Yes. You would just need to book and pay for another time slot.
You can do either the hour straight after or a different hour later in the day.
What happens if i miss my time slot due to traffic or another unforeseen reason?
Unfortunately, if you miss your slot we are unable to offer a refund.
Please bear this in mind when making your travel arrangements.
What happens if it rains?
The only time we stop operating is during a thunderstorm.
In the case of a thunderstorm we wait for the thunder and lightening to pass over before starting again.
You wont miss any of your time as we delay the later sessions.
We do not stop for heavy rain and continue operating, you can not change or cancel your booking due to the weather.
Are there any concessions offered for any groups?
No unfortunately we are unable to offer concessions for the Aqua Park. There are concessions for the Thorpe Lakes cable ski and some other activities.
Can i cancel my booking?
All bookings must be cancelled 4 days in advance to recieve a full refund.
Group packages and kids parties must be cancelled 10 days in advance to recieve a refund. Unfortunately any cancellations outside these time frames are liable to pay the full amount.
Can i see your full T&C's?
Yes certainly, please take a look below;
Booking Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between Thorpe Lakes (London) LTD whose registered office is situated at Unit 3, Cedar Court, 1 Royal Oak Yard, London. SE1 3GA (hereinafter called “Thorpe Lakes”) and
the Customer (hereinafter called the “Customer”) using the products or
services of Thorpe lakes.
- When might we have to postpone or amend your booking?
- The Informed Consent Form
- Booking Options, Payments and Guarantee
- Amending or Cancelling your Booking
- Prices Quoted
- What's included in the price?
- What isn't included?
- Concession / discount requirements
- Late Arrival
- Photography, Videography and Audio Recordings
- Alcohol and non-prescribed drugs
- Suitability for Purpose
- Reserved Rights
- Events outside of Our control
- Complaints and Disputes
- General Matters
- Personal Data
“Activity” or “Activities” – means any of our activities which we offer on
any of our Sites from time to time and includes where applicable single
or multiple activities
“Participant” – means a person who is booked to participate in any
Activity by virtue of a Booking.
“Booking” – means a booking made by you for any Activity.
“Designated Location” – means the location of the start of the relevant
“Participating Adult” – means an adult who accompanies any child or
children and actively participates in an Activity. For the avoidance of
doubt, a Supervising Adult can also be a Participating Adult.
“Informed Consent Form” – means the acknowledgement of risk and
conditions of participation form which must be signed by or on behalf of
all Participants before taking part in an Activity.
“Operating Season” means the period 1st March to 31st October
“Promotional Offers” means any special offers we may advertise or offer
from time to time in connection with any Activity.
“Site” – means the site on which an Activity takes place and “Sites” shall
mean all or (where the context requires) any of them.
“Supervising Adult” – means an adult or adults who accompany any
child or children to any of our Sites.
“Terms” – means these terms and conditions as amended by us from
time to time.
“Website” – means our websites www.thorpelakeswatersports.co.uk and
These Terms apply to any Booking.
These Terms constitute an agreement between Thorpe Lakes (London) Ltd
(company registration number 03037326 ) (“Thorpe Lakes/us/we”) and the
person or firm who is making the Booking or participating in the Activity
or Activities (the “Customer/you”) and will apply to any Booking you
Our Terms include important information about our Activities.
If you or any Participant suffers from any pre-existing medical condition
you should contact us before booking to ensure it does not preclude you
from participating in any of our Activities. Failure to do so may mean you
or the relevant Participant cannot take part and no refund would be
payable by us.
You acknowledge that you have read all these Terms and you agree to
make sure all Participants are aware of and have accepted these Terms.
Please note, by booking or participating in any of our Activities you
accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and this set out in the
Informed Consent Form. By entering into this Agreement you
acknowledge that you do not rely on any statement, representation,
assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is
not set out in these Terms or in the Informed Consent Form.
2. When might we have to postpone or amend your booking?
We are committed to ensuring your safety and complying with Health & Safety legislation. This means that there may be times where weather conditions mean some of our Activities are not safe to take part in. If, in our absolute discretion we decide to amend restrictions or delay Activities at any time on the day of the Booking, we will endeavour to post a notice on our Social Media Pages. In addition, we may also communicate any delays or cancellations to you via e-mail or SMS using your e-mail address and or mobile phone number provided during the booking process. Unfortunately, there may not always be sufficient time for this. If we do this, you can:
- ask for a refund (subject to Condition 2(b) below); or
- you can re-schedule your Booking within the current Operating Season; or
- subject to availability (and in accordance with these Terms), change the Booking to another of our Activities within the current Operating Season up to the same value of your original Booking.
If you would prefer a refund, you must claim it within 7 days of the date of the cancelled Activity. To claim a refund, be sure to follow these steps (otherwise we won’t be able to give you the refund):
- send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- the subject line of the email must be “Refund Request”;
- include your full name and the Booking reference number; and
- make sure you request it within 7 days of the date of the cancelled Activity.
If you don’t claim a refund within 7 days, you must re-schedule your Booking within the current Operating Season otherwise you will forfeit your Booking.
If we have to permanently cancel your Booking and we cannot offer you an alternative there will be no penalty or administration charge and a refund in full (if applicable) will be made within ten (10) working days of us notifying you of the cancellation. No other compensation consequential losses or any other losses will be payable to you.
3. The Informed Consent Form.
Every Participant is required to sign an Informed Consent Form. If any Participant doesn’t sign an Informed Consent Form, or doesn’t comply with any of the terms set out in the Informed Consent Form, it may result in that Participant being prohibited from taking part in the Activity concerned. If this happens, no refund will be paid and we will not be liable for any compensation, consequential losses or any other losses arising. You can obtain a copy of this form in advance of attending the Activity via the Website.
We recommend you make advance reservations to avoid any disappointment. You can make these reservations through our Website or alternatively in person at reception or over the telephone.
5. Booking Options, Payments and Guarantee
- If you book directly with us online, then we will ask for your credit or debit card details to complete the purchase and a booking confirmation email will be created and sent to you. Full payment will be debited and your account statement will identify the transaction as being with us.
- If the Booking is made directly with us by any means other than online, credit or debit card details will be requested to complete and / or guarantee the reservation. Telephone and reception bookings are charged at a premium to reflect the additional work required by our staff. Payment will be debited accordingly and your account statement will identify the transaction as being with us.
- Where payment has not been completed we may (at our discretion) provisionally reserve the place but reserve the right to re-allocate it if another Customer requests and secures the booking by payment.
- If you are not a consumer, you confirm you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you are making a booking.
- We do not store any payment processing details, however our payment partners may retain your details in line with their terms and conditions for the purposes of providing refunds and answering payment related queries. For further details of how payment details are processed, please contact our team at email@example.com and we will be able to direct you to the relevant processing partner.
Full payment must be made before you start your Activity.
Vouchers bought directly from us are valid until the date printed on them. They cannot be redeemed after that date, unless an extension has been purchased from us prior to the expiry date.
In order to provide vouchers, it is necessary that we ask you for personal details of the person placing the order as well as any individual who will be redeeming the voucher. This is to allow us to generate and send vouchers. The data captured for this purpose may include but is not limited to Name, Address and Contact Details. This data will never be used for any reason other than processing your voucher order and will never be shared with a third party without your knowledge. Approved and paid extensions are valid until the end of the current Operating Season and are charged at a flat rate of £10 per voucher. Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. Keep them safe.
Vouchers are not refundable and have no cash value. If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with a card payment. If it is less, then change cannot be given.
8. Amending or Cancelling your Booking
Where possible a booking amendment will be accommodated without charge or penalty. Please only attempt to call our reception during our opening hours. Reception is not manned 24/7. You can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you provide your name, booking reference number and the date and time of your Activity.
- Individual bookings may be cancelled or amended up to 4 working days prior to the Activity. You will be entitled to a full refund. Where shorter notice is given you will not be entitled to a full refund. Cancellation requests made out of hours are only deemed as received at the start of business on the next working day.
- Exclusive hire aqua park bookings, party bookings and group bookings involving more than one activity may be cancelled or amended after giving of at least 10 working days notice of cancellation. In such circumstances you will be entitled to a full refund less any non-returnable deposit. There are no refunds payable in circumstances where Participant numbers are reduced. Cancellation requests made out of hours are only deemed as received at the start of business on the next working day.
- Once an Activity date has been amended or cancelled then you cannot further amend or cancel the revised Activity date and the provisions relating to refund or further amendment will not be available you.
9. Prices Quoted
Prices quoted will be current at the time of your Booking, Thorpe Lakes operates a dynamic pricing model and prices are subject to change at our absolute discretion. The price agreed will not be subject to any change unless due to circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances include (but are not limited to and by way of example only) civil riot, new legislation, regional or national emergency, war etc. Where such a price amendment is necessary you will be notified in writing. Should a price amendment be unacceptable to you the booking can be cancelled in accordance with Condition 8 above.
10. What’s included in the price?
The price will include the Activity, all necessary safety equipment and VAT.
11. What isn’t included?
The price doesn’t include personal insurance, snacks, lunch, beverages, optional adventures, gratuities and any other items not specifically mentioned as being included. Wetsuit hire isn’t generally included, unless you have booked an Activity that specifically includes wetsuit hire. For the avoidance of doubt wetsuits are not regarded as necessary safety equipment.
12. Concession / discount requirements
As a general rule, bookings will be accepted on the basis of information supplied by you at the time of booking. However, at our discretion, proof of any concession entitlement may be requested at any time during fulfilment of the Activity booked. Failure to produce required evidence upon request may result in the concession / discount being withdrawn and payment being requested amounting to a difference between that which has already been paid and the full published price.
13. Late Arrival
You are expected to arrive early for your session, in line with the requirements of the particular Activity. These are detailed in the Website and in your booking confirmation email. Please take time to read it. It contains important information that will help ensure your Activity is stress free.
14. Photography, Videography and Audio Recordings
- During your visit your image or voice may be captured by either our own devices or those of our partners. By visiting our Sites you accept that you may be filmed either for the production of stills or video. These images may be used for promotional and similar purposes.
- In the case of children under the age of 18, you accept and consent by making the Booking that still or video images of children will be taken during the reprography process.
- Many of our visitors will also be capturing video and photographs whilst on site whether by the use of personal devices, by attending our site, you understand and accept that we are not responsible for the use of any images of you that may be captured in this way.
All children under the age of 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when on the Company's property. The adult must remain on the site for the duration of the child's visit and must supervise them appropriately at all times.
- CHANGING ROOMS: Young children up to 7 years may use either changing room under adult supervision. Children over 7 must use the male or female changing rooms appropriate to their gender.
- AQUA PARK: All children must be able to meet the Minimum Standard set out in Section 4&5 and must be aged 6 or above with under 8’s accompanied by an over 18 year old
- Thorpe Lakes reserves the rights to take appropriate photos of groups out on the aqua park or taking part in other activities on site to use in marketing material moving forward.
We will try where possible to work with Participants with disabilities to ensure they get the most out of their Activity. That said we work in a busy environment and advance notice is essential in respect of preexisting medical conditions so that we can where necessary divert staffing resources to assist in making the session safe for both the Participant and others. We reserve the right to decline participation in any Activity on any of our Sites on the basis of a pre-existing medical condition which should be disclosed to us at the time of the Booking.
Dogs are not permitted on site.
18. Alcohol and non-prescribed drugs
The consumption and use of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs is strictly prohibited on all our Sites at all times. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any person who is considered to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs. Smoking is not permitted at any time in or around any of our buildings or when our equipment is being used.
Thorpe Lakes has appropriate public and employer liability insurance. Personal insurance against injury, theft, loss or any other event is not included and you must arrange for such cover, if required, to be in place.
20. Suitability for purpose
Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Activities. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Activities are suitable for your purposes.
- Thorpe Lakes is not responsible for and accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused to any vehicle belonging to you or any member of your party or to the contents therein when the vehicle is parked on any of our Sites.
- If you or any Participant deposits personal possessions, items of clothing or any other property with an employee or a third party on any of our Sites then they do so at their own risk and Thorpe Lakes will not be responsible for any loss or damage to these items however caused. As you will be participating in physical activity, we can not accept liability for any damage to any items of clothing, footwear etc.
22. Reserved Rights
- Thorpe Lakes reserves the right to cancel bookings. Reasons for cancellation may include, but without limitation:
- Violent, racist or verbal abuse towards any person on any of our Sites;
- Failure to comply with the laws of England and Wales;
- Refusal or failure to complete the Informed Consent Form;
- Refusal or failure to provide suitable evidence of ability to partake in any Activity;
- Refusal or failure to pay the correct fee for an Activity;
- Refusal to supply medical evidence or suitability to partake in an Activity;
- In the event of cancellation or postponement of an Activity by Thorpe Lakes the provisions relating to cancellation and amendment which are available to the Customer under the provisions of Condition 8 ante will not apply to cancellation or amendment by Thorpe Lakes in the circumstances envisaged by this Condition.
Thorpe Lakes reserves the right to re-allocate an unsecured Booking at any time.
Changes to Site and/ or park layout:
We reserve the right to change the layout of all aspect of the Site and park at our absolute discretion. We may also close certain equipment at certain times or remove it from the site. This may mean that certain aqua park items or wake park obstacles are moved, replaced or taken out of commission at any particular time. This may involve the closure or movement of multiple items. This would normally be for reasons of safety or repair but could be for any other reason or indeed for no reason.
Changes to These Terms:
We reserve the right to make alterations or changes to these Terms at any time ensuring that the Customers of existing bookings will receive the latest copy of the Terms prior to participating in an Activity. Should the revised Terms be unacceptable to a Customer who has pre-booked the booking may be cancelled without penalty or administration charge.
23. Events outside of Our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an Agreement that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in Condition 25(b).
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this Agreement:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under an Agreement will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
24. Complaints and Disputes
Any disputes or complaints must be brought to the attention of Thorpe Lakes in writing within fourteen (14) days from the occurrence which gave rise to the complaint / dispute. All complaints must be posted to the operating company. Emails cannot be accepted. On receipt Thorpe Lakes will respond within 14 days in writing. Thorpe Lakes will endeavour to investigate and resolve such a dispute or complaint without involving third parties. In the event of a complaint or dispute not being satisfactorily resolved both Thorpe Lakes and the Customer hereby agree that the dispute will be settled and determined by arbitration pursuant to the laws of England and Wales under the provision of the Arbitration Act of 1996.
25. General Matters
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under an Agreement to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- This Agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the Conditions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales. This means an Agreement for a purchase of through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you are a business, an Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- If you are a business, we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with an Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
26. Personal Data
In order to provide our Activities, we collect data about individuals, usually within a business context. We treat all data which identifies an individual or when combined with any other information can identify an individual as personal data.
Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, we will be defined as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. This means that we control what happens to and what is done with this data that is in our possession.
We collect various personal data which may include but is not limited to name, address, email, phone number, age, vehicle registration, IP address, medical conditions and allergies along with any other information relevant to your booking. We will never collect any data from you that is not required to provide your adventure or for a legal obligation. It may also be necessary to collect additional details from you should an accident occur whilst on site. These details will be retained in line with our obligations under UK law and our insurances. The required retention periods for this data varies depending on the individual as below;
Details of incidents involving minors may need to be retained for up to three years following their 18th birthday.
Details of incidents involving adults will be retained for no longer than 6 years following the incident.
We will endeavour to provide details of any processing including any third parties that may have access to your data and the location of the processing whenever we ask you to provide information.
Personal data that we process directly is typically managed through our relationship management system which is located in the UK and all data may be accessible to our system support partner, Fusemetrix. In addition, we use third-party software to help manage our records and stay in touch. Details of this software will be given where appropriate when we collect information from you. Should you have any questions about how we handle your data or wish to update any information that we hold about you, please get in touch via email to email@example.com
Frequently asked questions
Do i need to be able to swim to use the Aqua Park?
You need to be able to swim 50 meters unassisted with a life jacket on.
You will end up in the water, your head is likley to go underwater and there is a short swim to get onto the aqua park from the start dock.
How do i book an aqua park session or other activity?
All bookings for the aqua park need to be done online. Through our online bookings team.
Cable Sessions and System 2 can also be booked online whilst a beginner boat lesson is booked on the phone.
For kids party packages it is best to get in touch with one of our team via our contact form.
Do i have to book in advance?
Yes - advaced booking online or either over the phone is essential.
You must book all your activities prior to arrival, no advanced booking most likely will leave you disappointed as we will not have availability.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MAY BE TURNED AWAY AT THE CAR PARK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BOOKING.
How far in advance must I arrive prior to my session start time?
You need to arrive 40 minutes prior to your start time regardless of your activity.
You will need time to check in and get changed.
On all aqua park sessions you must attend the safety briefing 5 minutes BEFORE your start time.
Is the aqua park suitable for adults and kids?
Our park is sutiable for both adults and children.
We run adult and kids specifc sessions, where adults can join under 13 and 18 sessions on the basis they are accompanying children.
Our tried and tested approach guarantees fun and laughter for people of all ages.
Can i hire the aqua park for private use?
Yes it is £675 for up to £40 people. After this every person is charged at the normal rate of £15 pp.
You can only hire the park exclusively Monday - Friday.
Do adults have to go on the aqua park with children and what is the minimum age?
The minimum age for unaccompanied children on the aqua park is 8.
Children from the age of 6 can go on with one adult per child accompanying them.
Is there anywhere to spectate whilst my family or friends are on the aqua park?
Yes there are a range of places to spectate around our site. There are safe and dry areas all around the site depending what activity you are taking part in.
Or relax on our lakeside beach which over looks our main cable ski.
Can we bring our own food and drink?
No you cannot. There is a licensed burger shack on site which offers a full range of drinks, healthy food options and snacks.
You will not be granted permission onto the site with picnics or cool boxes.
Is there a car park and does it have coach access?
Yes we have a car park which also has coach access.
To be safe always write our full addess in your SAT NAV to ensure it brings you to our site.
Thorpe Lakes, Thorpe Road, Chertsey, Surrey. KT16 8PH.
Are there changing and toilet facilities on site?
There are large male and female changing rooms with showers.
There are male, female and disabled access toilets.
Are dogs allowed on site?
Unfortunately we do not allow dogs on our site and you will not be allowed over the bridge if you have one with you.
Is there disabled access to the site?
If you require easy access to Thorpe Lakes please call us in advance. The site is accessible via wheelchair but as there is a long footbridge, depending on specific requirements, it may be more suitable to arrange access via an alternative service route.